Holistic Counseling works with the mind-body-spirit connection, treating each as an equal partner in an individual’s wellness, and working to integrate needs and desires from the whole self. Holistic counseling:
- is solutions-oriented. In your first session, we will set a timeline to address the concerns you bring. While there is no limit to the work we can do together, we want to create useful change in your life as soon as possible.
- starts where you want it to. Many clients have expressed that, with a psychotherapist, they have been coaxed to focus on their childhoods, even though they want to talk about how their work life is impacting their health in present-day life. In our sessions, you are the expert in your own needs and goals.
- addresses physical symptoms without drugs. The body retains any emotions we do not process, and much physical healing can be found through emotional and spiritual examination.
- is integrative. In one session, we might practice guided meditation, explore energy healing (like chakra balancing or tapping), and brainstorm recipes that support your healing. In our practice, we explain the different modalities we practice so that you can make the best decision for yourself.
People seek out holistic counseling for a variety of reasons, ranging from a specific physical ailment that they want to work on to a general desire for more balance in life. Common reasons people seek out holistic health counseling include:
- grief and loss
- recovering from trauma, including abuse, assault, and incarceration
- coming out (one’s own, or someone else’s)
- spiritual questioning or developing
- health concerns, including chronic pain, processing a diagnosis, and obesity
- compassion fatigue, common among caregivers and direct service workers
Ellice believes that emotional pain can be transformed into understanding and wisdom. She wants to help you in your transformation.